Monday, January 17, 2011

Good weekend?

I did "not so well" this weekend on my fitness goals.  We ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches at OPB&J, drank Kraken and Coke, and played Mega Man 2 all night.  And that was just Saturday.

On the happy side, I ran 5 miles in 46 minutes, practiced the 6-step, and played a lot of Just Dance 2 on the Wii.  Friday, I went out into the garage around 12:30pm with dreams of doing this workout:

Three rounds for time of:
6 Muscle-ups (but subbing 6 pull-ups and 6 ring dips)
30 Wallball shots, 20 pound ball (subbing 25 pound dumbbell thrusters)
12 Handstand push-ups
135 pound Power clean, 15 reps

I had to warm-up first, of course.  So I did two rounds of the classic CrossFit warm-up.  By the time I finished that, it was around 1pm and I had to leave for work by 2:30.  No problem.  I did the first set of pull-ups and dips, then hit my first snag: I needed to take the paper labels off my new dumbbells.  That was a bit frustrating with the clock running, but I did it as fast as I could.  Haste makes waste, so it took about five minutes.  Yikes.  After the thrusters, I figured I'd do my HSPUs with my chest against the wall, as was suggested in a video a while back.  So I got up there, did one, and was a bit worried what would happen if I failed a rep.  Since I don't have a lot of space to either side to get out, I would have to do a somersault.  I knew that was out immediately, so I decided to do them the more standard way -- back to the wall.  I had my Vibrams FiveFingers on, and by this time my toes are getting pretty cold.  I kicked up, did one more, and came down hard on my feet.  It hurt pretty bad, so I almost said "Fuck it" and quit right there.  But I decided I'd just sub 35-pound dumbbell press (top-to-top) for the HSPUs.  Oh, I had already done 3x3 C&J with 175 before this.  So the cleans were quite slow (as always).  Anyways, I did 2.5 rounds before I had to go get ready for work.  2.5 rounds in about 40 minutes.

I'm about to go max out on press and bench press, then try this workout: 15 minute AMRAP - 250m row/15 push-ups.  I'll post my time and new maxes later.

Max Press = 160, Max Bench = 240
AMRAP 15 of 250m rows/15 pushups = 5 rounds + 5 pushups.

-J. Sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment